Summer Is Officially Here
Summer is officially here! But it’s not all fun and games for outdoor workers. The effects of the sun can pose significant risks to health especially considering 1,700 people are diagnosed each year with skin cancer due to occupational exposure. An estimated 60 of these diagnosed cases are fatal with 44% of occupational melanoma deaths linked to construction workers.
Reduce the risk of sunstroke amongst your workforce with some simple control measures:
- Always keep your head covered
- Wear lightweight, well ventilated, loose clothing
- Drink plenty of liquids
- Seek shade where possible
- Maintain your salt levels
- Stay UV aware and protect your skin
Remember keep your cool, manage the risks and ensure your team are safe this summer!