This CITB Site Safety Plus 1-day site supervisor refresher course qualification is intended for those who have already achieved, still hold and have proof of an in-date 2-day SSSTS qualification.
The SSSTS Refresher course is endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites and it aims to update skills and knowledge pertaining to current legislation to maintain the SSSTS qualification standard.
Edwinstowe or Delivered On Site
Course Aims and Objectives
The main focus of the SSSTS refresher course covers reminders and updated information on:
- Recent changes to legislation surrounding construction site health, safety and welfare
- How health and safety law is structured
- How their role fits in with controlling site safety, in a safe manner
- Behavioural safety in the Workplace
- Occupational health supervision
- Communication on a site and the routes available within site activity for effective communication
- Carry out site inductions, briefings, tool box talks and understand the legal need for method statements and how they work
- Identify how their supervisory role fits in with the manager in controlling the site safely
Topics covered during the 1-day refresher training includes reminders and updated information on:
- Current enforcement priorities / HSE / Environment
- Fire risks and emergency procedures and reporting.
- Best practice updates:-
- Noise and vibration
- Drugs and alcohol
- Stress factors
- Dynamic risk assessment procedures
- Hazardous substances
- Work at height
- Manual handling
- Tool box talks
Please note: Delegates are required to attend the full day of the training in order to be awarded the qualification.
During the course attendees will need to show an understanding of the main course elements and pass any of the project exercises and assessments, these could be via individual or group-based evaluations.
At the end of the training there is a final examination consisting of a multiple-choice exam paper.
On successfully passing the exam the delegates will then be requalified for certification in the construction site supervisory class. Certificates can take 6-8 weeks to arrive. Please note: The SSSTS Course pass rate is 80% (24 out of 30 marks) but in order to pass the course successfully delegates will be required to answer all 4 of the safety critical questions.
The SSSTS Refresher qualification is valid for a period of five years and a further SSSTS-R 1-day refresher course must be taken prior to the expiry of the qualification or the delegate will be required to requalify in full and need to complete the full 2-day SSSTS training again.
SSSTS certification expires after 5 years, so please note that as of the 1st January 2016, CITB Site Management / Site Supervisor certificates will no longer have a six-month grace period and candidates will need to attend a Refresher course before the expiry date of their original certificate.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION – Please note: Failure to provide the following on the first day of the course is likely to result in the delegate not being allowed to attend or complete the training.
- Photographic I.D. is required for all delegates to be presented during course registration.
- Written parental consent is required for all delegates under 18 years of age.
- All delegates must have a good understanding of written & spoken English to complete the course successfully. Please note: that translators are not permitted to attend.
Course Fee £180.00