City & Guilds 6150-02 – Level 2 Qualification
This course is designed for persons who have been nominated to work in or at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as NC2/NC3 (medium Risk) under the Water UK scheme and who require pre-assessment training to prepare them for assessment in C&G Unit 6150-03.
Duration: 2 Days
To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform their duties to the standards prescribed by City & Guilds and in-line with the Confined Space Regulations 1997, therefore safeguard themselves and others.
The course includes a review of the requirements of the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997 and the knowledge in how to:
- Interpret the Water UK Confined Spaces classification scheme
- Risk assess residual hazards
- Recognise changing environments
- Use and interpret gas monitors to verify safe atmospheres
- Understand the nature and occurrence of problem atmospheres
- Use ancillary safety items harness, ropes, winches and life lines
- Use open circuit (CABA) escape breathing apparatus safely
- Work following a safe system of work
- React positively in an emergency situation with basic emergency first aid
At the end of the course delegates will undertake:
- A practical and written assessment
Candidates are to bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.