City & Guilds 6150-01 – Level 2 Qualification
This course is designed for persons who have been nominated to work in or at confined spaces where work has been assessed and classified as NC1 (Low Risk) under the Water UK scheme and who require pre-assessment training to prepare them for assessment in C&G Unit 6150-03.
Duration: 1 Day
To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform their duties to the standards prescribed by City & Guilds and in-line with the Confined Space Regulations 1997, therefore safeguard themselves and others
The course includes a review of the requirements of the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997 and the knowledge in how to:
- Verify a Confined Space as NC1 (Low Risk) category
- Verify the necessary permissions and control for work at NC1 (Low Risk) category Confined Spaces
- Use and interpret gas monitors and recognise problem atmospheres
- Organise and use safe working procedures for given tasks at NC1 (Low Risk) Confined Spaces
- React positively to alarms and emergency situations
At the end of the course delegates will undertake:
- A practical assessment and written assessment
Candidates are to bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.