The removal of the “2 metre rule” from the regulations means that any person working in an elevated position (off the ground) is deemed to be working at height.
Duration: ½ Day
Delegates will be competent to work safely at height with a strong hazard awareness and a sound theoretical knowledge and practical experience of using fall arrest equipment.
Delegates will have the ability to assess the risks and requirements needed for safely working at height in their scope of work.
To ensure that:
- All work at height is properly planned and organised;
- Those involved in work at height are competent;
- The risks from work at height are assessed and appropriate work equipment is selected and used;
- The risks from fragile surfaces are properly controlled; and
- Equipment for work at height is properly inspected and maintained.