City & Guilds 6150-04 – Level 2 Qualification in
This course is designed for persons who have been nominated to supervise entrants where work has been assessed and classified as NC2/NC3/NC4 (medium-High Risk) under the Water UK scheme and who require pre-assessment training to prepare them for assessment in C&G Unit 6150-03.
Duration: 2 Days
To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to perform their duties to the standards prescribed by City & Guilds and in-line with the Confined Space Regulations 1997, therefore safeguard themselves and others.
The course includes a review of the requirements of the Confined Spaces Regulations 1997 and the knowledge in how to:
- Interpret the Water UK Confined Spaces classification scheme
- Risk assess residual hazards
- Assemble, brief and deploy staff
- Establish and maintain a safety zone
- Determine and establish an adequate means of onsite and offsite communications
- Open the confined space and confirm risk level
- Establish control systems required by the risk assessment
- Ensure all workers use PPE
- Use and interpret gas monitors to verify safe atmospheres
- Permit entry according to risk assessment methods
- Control all work within the agreed risk assessment method
- Recover workers, initiate all hygiene procedures
- Close down the safety zone and the confined space
- Understand the nature and occurrence of problem atmospheres
- React positively in an emergency situation
- Deal with an unconscious casualty and hand them over to the emergency services
At end of the course the delegates will undertake:
- A practical and written assessment.
Candidates are to bring their own safety footwear, waterproof clothing, hard hat and working gloves for the practical exercises.