(Option of completing at CIEH – level 2)
The course is designed for all levels of personnel within all industries involved in lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling and carrying tasks.
Duration: 3 Hours
To provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how to minimise the risk of injury to themselves and others by increasing awareness of potential manual handling hazards in the workplace.
The manual Handling course is designed to cover:
- Current Legislation
- Manual Handling Regulations 1992
- Accident Statistics
- Types and Causes of Injury
- Principles of Correct Manual Handling Techniques
- Anatomy of Spine
- Body Mechanics
- Practical Application of lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling and carrying
- Risk Assessment
- Group and individual practical exercise
Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance.