1 Day Training Course – £85+VAT PP
This level 2 course will provide learners with the opportunity to build an understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace. Further to this, learners will also gain an insight into the roles that all employees play in maintaining a safe working environment.
Health & Safety plays an important role in the workplace. Health & Safety not only protects the well-being of employees, visitors and customers but it also makes good business and financial sense. Having the correct measures in place helps to avoid absenteeism through work injury or illness and potential prosecutions.
More over, the course is suitable for anyone looking to raise their awareness of Health & Safety issues in the workplace.
There are no other formal entry requirements for this course however in order to get the full potential from the day we advise that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in literacy or equivalent.
We recommend all learners attend refresher training every 3 years.
- Recognising employers’ and employees’ duties relating to health, safety and welfare at work
- Identifying the consequences for non-compliance with health and safety legislation
- The requirements for training and competence in the workplace
- Ways of communicating health and safety information
- The definitions of ‘hazard’ and ‘risk’
- The processes for carrying out a risk assessment
- The use of risk assessments to reduce accidents and ill health at work
- Hazards that may be found in a range of workplaces
- How hazards can cause harm or damage to people, work processes, the workplace and the environment
- The principle of the risk control hierarchy
- Examples of risk controls for common workplace hazards
- Common causes of workplace accidents and ill health
- Actions that might need to be taken following an incident in the workplace
- Arrangements that should be in place in a workplace for emergencies and first aid
- Why it is important to record all incidents, accidents and ill health
- Roles and responsibilities for health, safety and welfare in the workplace
- How risk assessments contribute to health and safety
- Identifying and controlling the risks from common workplace hazards
- Understanding the procedures for responding to accidents and incidents in the workplace
The course concludes with a written assessment (multiple choice question paper).
Further to this, following successful completion you will receive a Qualsafe certificate of achievement.
Let’s start a conversation, contact our friendly team today.
Alternatively, book by email – email@example.com