1 Day Food Safety Training Course – £75+VAT PP
Our in-depth 1 day food safety course is suitable for managers and supervisors working in the catering industry.
This could include various establishments from restaurants, pubs and bars to cafes, takeaways, hotels and education environments, plus many more.
This is an ideal qualification for catering businesses looking to achieve a 5 star food safety rating.
As well as this, the course equips learners with an understanding of their day-to-day responsibilities.
The responsibilities include anything from personal hygiene, food storage to cooking and handling food.
The Food Safety Act 1990 sets out the framework of the hygiene and safety responsibilities and regulations.
Further to this, failure to comply with the regulations could lead to breaches. Breaches would come under the Consumer Protection Act 1987, as well as the Food Safety Act 1990. This can not only lead to heavy penalties for companies in the way of fines. It can also lead to poor staff morale, loss of business, a bad reputation and possibly even imprisonment.
What is Covered
- Food safety legislation
- Importance of food safety in the catering industry
- The role of enforcement officers and local authority powers
- Consequences of non-compliance and poor food hygiene standards
- Benefits of implementing good food safety practices.
- Food Safety Management System purpose and use
- Maintaining high levels of personal hygiene
- Food handler risks to food safety
- Hazards and prevention methods
- Temperature taking and recording
- Refrigeration, chilling and cold holding of foods
- Cooking, hot holding and re-heating of foods.
- Safe food storage principles and putting them into practice
- Stock control operations
- Cleaning regimes in food premises and cleaning schedules
- Cleaning methods to ensure equipment and premises are in kept in suitable clean conditions
- Storing and disposing of waste
- Pest control methods
- First aid equipment requirements for food premises
- Equipment standards required in food safety
Let’s start a conversation, contact our friendly team today.
Alternatively, book by email – firstname.lastname@example.org