First Aid at Work (FAW) – approved by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and complies with Health & Safety (first aid) Regulations 1981.
Duration: 3 Days
To ensure that upon completion of the course, students will be both competent and confident dealing with accidents and injuries in the workplace.
- Legal responsibilities of a first aider
- Main requirements of a first aider
- First Aid equipment and use of medication
- Keeping records
- Emergency response (practical hands on training)
- CPR (Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation)
- Unconscious casualty
- Obstructed airway
- Dangers of infection
- Control of Major Bleeding
- Head injuries
- Acute illness
- Heart Attack & Angina
- Eye injuries
- Spinal Injuries
There will be a practical assessment at the end of the course.
That a 3-hour refresher course be taken on the 1st and 2nd anniversary of this course
2-day Requalification course must be taken within a 3 year period of this course