The SMSTS training scheme is essential for individuals with site management accountability, in businesses providing services or construction/ civil engineering sites.
The CITB SMSTS qualification is a recognised qualification outlined in the Approved Code of Practice (ACoP) for the Construction Design and Management Regulations 2007 (CDM) (Demonstration of competence, Appendix 4).
If you are considering or already have responsibilities for planning, organising, monitoring, controlling and administering groups of staff, this SMSTS course is for you.
The course covers all the relevant legislation affecting safe working in the building, construction and civil engineering industries. Highlighting the need for risk assessment in the workplace, the implementation of the necessary control measures and adequate communication to sustain a health and safety culture within the workforce.
Duration: 5 Days
To provide delegates with the skills and knowledge to allow them:
- to implement all health, safety, welfare and environmental legislation which affects them during their daily work
- implement new guidance and industry best practice
- state their duties and responsibilities with regards to health, safety, welfare and the environment
The SMSTS course is designed to cover The Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the other regulations relevant to the construction industry and includes:
- Site set-up
- Risk assessments
- Method statements
- Working at height; Scaffolding
- Electricity; Excavations
- Confined Spaces
- Accepted working practices in the construction environment
- Multiple-choice assessment paper, taken on the final training day
- Tutor assessment and final project
- Practical assessment at end of course
Successful participants will be awarded a CITB SMSTS certificate which is valid for 5 years.
To remain certified in this area a refresher course is required before the expiry date on your certificate, otherwise the full course will need to be retaken.
If you would like to discuss enrolling on our SMSTS course please contact us.