1/2 Day Course from £37.50+VAT*
Learn to safely work with Abrasive Wheels in the workplace.
The Provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations 1998 (PUWER) require that persons using work equipment such as abrasive wheels including persons who supervise and manage their use should receive adequate abrasive wheel training.
Abrasive wheels are powered wheels, cylinders, belts or points made from, or coated with, abrasive particles. These incredibly fast moving pieces of machinery can be very dangerous causing serious injuries.
Safety training is essential to ensure that operatives use abrasive wheels correctly with the proper controls in place.
Our half day training course covers the common hazards when it comes to selecting, handling and mounting wheels on angle / bench grinders in line with the latest health & safety legislation and guidelines.
The course is designed to provide learners with an understanding and knowledge of:
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels HSG17
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998
- The correct use of PPE
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels
- Diamond Wheels
- Electric and Petrol Machines
- Safe use of the machines and equipment
Additional content if required
- Balancing of grinding wheels, correct method of dressing wheels
- Adjustment of guards and rests
- Practical exercise to include all elements of the above on bench grinders, Portable disc cutters & Grinders
- Multiple-choice assessment paper
Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
Let’s start a conversation, contact our friendly team today:
Alternatively you can book by email – email@example.com
*£37.50 when you book 2 or more courses together. £45 for individual bookings.