The Provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations 1998 require that persons using work equipment such as abrasive wheels including persons who supervise and manage their use should receive adequate training.
Duration: ½ Day
To enable operatives to use, identify the safe selection and mounting of abrasive wheels in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Machines Covered – Cut Off Saws, Bench Grinders, Angle Grinders, etc.
The course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding and knowledge of:
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels HSG17
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998
- The correct use of PPE
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels
- Diamond Wheels
- Electric and Petrol Machines
- Safe use of the machines and equipment
Additional content if required
- Balancing of grinding wheels, correct method of dressing wheels
- Adjustment of guards and rests
- Practical exercise to include all elements of the above on bench grinders, Portable disc cutters & Grinders
- Multiple-choice assessment paper
- Practical Test
Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance.