The IOSH Working Safely course is suitable for any worker in any industry. Nationally recognised and respected, it is aimed at people at all levels and it meets the government’s guidelines for introductory health and safety training. This course aims to ensure that delegates appreciate the importance of risk management and know how to make a difference by teaching them the essentials in health, safety and wellbeing of themselves and others by changing their behaviour.
Edwinstowe House, High Street, Edwinstowe, NG21 9PR
27th April 2020
15 Places Left
• Module 1: Introducing working safely and an outline of occupational safety and health
• Module 2: Defining hazard and risk
• Module 3: Identifying common hazards
• Module 4: Improving safety performance
Course Aims and Objectives
• Introducing working safely – why it is important and who is responsible.
• Defining hazard and risk – identify hazard groups, define hazard, risk, likelihood and consequence.
• Identifying common hazards, how they can harm and what can be done to reduce/eliminate them.
• Improving safety performance – within an organisation, workers attitude, workers behaviour & responsibilities, safe systems of work, safety signs, PPE, visitors & contractors and also the role of safety committees.
• Health surveillance and monitoring and First Aid provision.
• Emergency Procedures.
• What is meant by the term “accident and near miss”.
• Reporting accidents and incidents.
• The role of the HSE inspectors.
To achieve the certificate, candidates need to complete an examination paper consisting of 20 questions in a variety of formats and a practical application of learning by completing some hazard spotting exercises.
£130 plus VAT
Each delegate will be provided with a course Manual.
Drinks are available, free of charge, throughout the day.
Lunch is not provided but there is a reasonably priced café on site.