IOSH Managing Safely
Our 3 day IOSH Managing Safely course Sutton in Ashfield is designed for anyone who has management responsibilities and is required to manage safely and effectively in compliance with both their organisation’s policy and best practice in health and safety.
The course’s aim is to provide these people with the knowledge and skills they require and the practical steps they need to take to handle health and safety in their teams.
Our IOSH Managing Safely course Sutton in Ashfield will provide a superb grounding in the practical actions you require to handle health and safety in your team. No pre-requisites or prior health and safety knowledge is required.
This course is aimed at managers and supervisors in all industries.
IOSH Managing Safely Course Sutton in Ashfield Benefits
Completing this course provides many benefits to the candidates:
- Enables you to assess and control risks and hazards
- Enables you to investigate incidents
- Provides the information for a full understanding of your health and safety responsibilities
- Empowers you to measure your own performance against good practice
IOSH Managing Safely Course Sutton in Ashfield
Duration: 3 Days
On successful completion of the IOSH course, delegates should be able to:-
- Define hazards & risks
- Describe the legal requirements for risk assessments
- Describe methods of basic trend & epidemiological analysis for reactive monitoring
- Describe statutory requirements for reporting and procedures for checking for non-reporting
- Describe work place precaution hierarchies
- Distinguish specific hazards both generally and from an organisational perspective
- Outline the main provisions of the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and the Management of Health & Safety at Work Regulations 1999
The IOSH course will cover:
- Module 1 – Introducing Managing Safely
- Module 2 – Assessing risks
- Module 3 – Controlling risks
- Module 4 – Understanding your responsibilities
- Module 5 – Identifying hazards
- Module 6 – Investigating accidents and incidents
- Module 7 – Measuring performance
- Written assessment paper, taken on the final training day
- Practical assessment at end of course
An IOSH Managing Safely certificate is awarded to all those who attend the course and successfully complete both the written and practical assessments
If you would like to discuss enrolling on our IOSH Managing Safely course Sutton in Ashfield please contact us.