This harness training course enables students to identify and select the correct form of safety harness and lanyard which is applicable to their role in the work place. They will be able to inspect, maintain, monitor, fit and use them effectively.
Edwinstowe or Delivered On Site
To provide contractors involved in roof work with an understanding of both the legal and practical requirements and limitations of the use of fall restraint and arrest equipment.
- Working at Height regulations and associated standard and guidance
- Harness varieties
- Safety Inspection and storage
- The different methods of work and access equipment including fall restraint and fall arrest systems, looking at:
- Uses and limitations of equipment
- Requirements of visual inspection of equipment to ensure it is safe and fit for purpose
- Fitting of harness
- Written exam
- Practical exam
A certificate of attendance is awarded to all those who attend the harness training course.