This Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to become a first aider, enabling them to be workplace first aiders under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.Based on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work (FAW) courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
It covers a wider range of subjects than that covered by the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification. It provides learners with the skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in higher risk workplaces or workplaces with an increased number of employees.
Edwinstowe House, High Street, Edwinstowe, NG21 9PR
5th-7th May 2020
5 Places Left
£175 plus VAT
This qualification consists of two units.
Unit 1: Emergency First Aid in the Workplace – Day 1
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor in injury
Unit 2: Recognition and Management of Illness and Injury in the Workplace – Day 2 & 3
- Be able to conduct a secondary survey
- Be able to administer first aid to a casualty with injuries to bones, muscles and joints
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected head and spinal injuries
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with suspected chest injuries
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with burns and scalds
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with an eye injury
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with sudden poisoning
- Be able to administer First Aid to a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Be able to provide First Aid to a casualty with suspected major illness
To achieve the certificate, candidates need to:
- Complete an exam, for each unit, comprising of multiple choice questions (2 multiple choice question papers in total)
- Be observed performing skills by the tutor observation
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
£175.00 for the full three day course (prices are plus VAT)
Each delegate will be provided with a course book.
Drinks are available, free of charge, throughout the day.