This Qualification is ideal for anyone wishing to become an emergency first aider, enabling them to be workplace first aiders under the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981.Based on the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) training standard for delivery of First Aid at Work (FAW) courses for the purposes of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations 1981
It covers a wider range of subjects than that covered by the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification.
Edwinstowe House, High Street, Edwinstowe, NG21 9PR
12th March 2019
7 Places Left
£85 plus VAT
This qualification consists of one unit
- Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- Be able to assess an incident
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- Be able to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- Be able to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- Be able to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Be able to manage a casualty who is in shock
- Be able to manage a casualty with a minor in injury
To achieve the certificate, candidates need to:
- Complete an exam, for each unit, comprising of multiple choice questions (1 multiple choice question papers in total)
- Be observed performing skills by the tutor observation
This qualification is valid for 3 years.
£85.00 for the 1 day EFAW (prices are plus VAT)
Each delegate will be provided with a course book.
Drinks are available, free of charge, throughout the day.