This Asbestos Awareness course Southwell is designed to raise awareness of asbestos containing materials (ACMs) in a refurbishment/maintenance environment in order to take the appropriate precautions when it is encountered.
Asbestos awareness training helps workers understand the risks associated with the material so that they can avoid work that may disturb asbestos.
It is estimated that around 1.8 million workers remain at risk every day from the possible disturbance of this carcinogenic material.
This half day asbestos awareness course comes with a workbook and is assessed by a multiple choice question assessment.
Any workers who plan to carry out work which will knowingly disturb asbestos require a higher level of training, which is not supplied by this course. This course does not allow you to work with asbestos containing materials.
Asbestos Awareness Course Southwell
Duration: ½ Day
Operatives and supervisors who may encounter asbestos as part of their daily work routine.
Upon completion of the courses delegates will:
- Identify possible ACMs
- Explain the protocols concerning work with ACMs
- Determine whether you are:
- Putting yourself or anyone else at risk
- Able to establish the correct course of action if you encounter asbestos containing materials ACMs
- Following internal procedures
- Multiple choice questions within or following the presentation
Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
If you would like to discuss enrolling on our Asbestos Awareness course Southwell please contact us.