The Provision and Use of Work Equipment regulations 1998 require that persons using work equipment such as abrasive wheels including persons who supervise and manage their use should receive adequate abrasive wheel training Hucknall.
Abrasive wheels are powered wheels, cylinders, belts or points made from, or coated with, abrasive particles. These incredibly fast moving pieces of machinery can be very dangerous causing serious injuries. Safety training is essential to ensure that operatives use abrasive wheels correctly with the proper controls in place.
This abrasive wheel training looks at the different types of abrasive wheels and explains how to choose the right one. Concentrating on safety when handling, using and looking after abrasive wheels. It also covers the legal responsibilities for safety when working with them.
Abrasive Wheel Training Hucknall
Duration: ½ Day
To enable operatives to use, identify the safe selection and mounting of abrasive wheels in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Machines Covered – Cut Off Saws, Bench Grinders, Angle Grinders, etc.
The course is designed to provide delegates with an understanding and knowledge of:
- Provides a brief outline of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Provision & Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Safety in the use of abrasive wheels HSG17
- Personal Protective Equipment Regulations 1998
- The correct use of PPE
- Hazards arising from use of abrasive wheels
- Methods of marking abrasive wheels
- Methods of storing, handling & transporting of abrasive wheels
- Mounting procedures & precautions of abrasive wheels
- Diamond Wheels
- Electric and Petrol Machines
- Safe use of the machines and equipment
Additional content if required
- Balancing of grinding wheels, correct method of dressing wheels
- Adjustment of guards and rests
- Practical exercise to include all elements of the above on bench grinders, Portable disc cutters & Grinders
- Multiple-choice assessment paper
- Practical Test
Successful participants will be awarded a certificate of attendance.
If you would like to discuss enrolling on our Abrasive Wheel Training Hucknall please contact us.